Installing NVIDIA AI denoiser manually
In some cases, you may need to install the NVIDIA AI Denoiser manually. Here is how to do it:
- Close 3ds Max
- Install Corona Renderer using any installation method (automatic or manual)
- Unpack the Corona Renderer installer using the "unpack files" option - see this guide for step-by-step instructions: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000038849
- Once this is done, you should see the folder, where the files have been unpacked
- Go to "NVIDIA AI Denoiser" folder
- Select all files inside that folder and copy them
- Go to C:\Program Files\Corona
- Paste the files into C:\Program Files\Corona\optix folder
Note: if you cannot find "optix" folder in C:\Program Files\Corona\, just create it.
- Start 3ds Max again, and check if the issue is now resolved.
If you need some further help, please contact us.