Corona has installed successfully, but I can't find it in C4D!
After the installation, "Corona" item should appear in the main top menu of Cinema 4D:
If you have successfully installed Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D, and the installer did not display any error messages, but you cannot find Corona in Cinema 4D, make sure you have all required system components installed correctly:
- First, use the "Unpack all files" option in the installer and point to a location where the files should be unpacked. Once unpacking is done, navigate to the specified location, and try installing each of the items from the Microsoft Dependencies folder manually. Then restart your computer.
If that does not help, you can also try installing the following items manually, and then restarting your computer:
- Windows Updates - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/is-computer-up-to-date-
- MSVC++ 2015 Redistributable - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
- NET Framework - https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-remove-and-reinstall-the-Microsoft-NET-Framework.html
Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D can be installed manually using the "unpack" method found during the installation process. To do so, follow these steps:
- Check there has been a Corona folder created in your Windows 'Program Files' directory.
- Run the installer again.
- Choose 'Unpack files' then 'browse' to select a folder to extract the contents to and follow the prompts, now press 'Unpack'. Once complete the folder will automatically open with the extracted content.
4. Open the desired 'Cinema 4D RXX Plugin' folder and copy the 'corona' folder. Navigate to C:\Program Files\MAXON\Cinema 4D RXX\plugins and paste the 'corona' folder here.
5. Run Cinema 4D and If successful, you should now see Corona up in the main menu.
6. Proceed with the activation process listed here.
Cinema 4D R20
By default, there is no plugins folder visible in the main directory for Cinema 4D R20. Some manual labor is needed.
- Simply create a 'plugins' folder in the main directory of Cinema 4D R20 and run the Corona installer again.
- Extract the 'sdk' zip file that is located in the main Cinema 4D directory. Once extracted, double-click to enter the folder and move that 'plugins' folder back to Cinema's main directory. You can now proceed with the Corona installer again.
If your problem is not solved even after installing all the system components, please contact us and we will investigate the issue.