How to install Corona Renderer manually using the "unpack files" option?
Sometimes manual installation of Corona Renderer may be the simplest solution to some installation issues. Here is how to proceed:
1. Uninstall Corona Renderer:
To avoid issues, it is best to uninstall Corona Renderer first. To do it, simply go to the Windows "Programs and Features" or "Add or remove programs" list, and find "Corona Renderer for 3ds Max".
2. Unpack the files:
- Run the installer
- Select "unpack files" and specify the location where the files should be unpacked
- Proceed with the installation
- The folder with the unpacked files should automatically pop up once the installation is finished
Install the plugin:
- Make sure 3ds Max is closed
- In the location where the files have been unpacked, locate the "3ds Max 20XX Plugin" folder, then "fullspeed" ("legacy" is only useful in case of older processors!)
- In the "fullspeed" folder, you should find a few .dll files and two folders: "scripts" and "plugins"
- Select all of the files inside the "fullspeed" folder, and copy them into your main 3ds Max installation directory (e.g.: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2018) - the .dll files should end up directly in the 3ds Max 2018 folder, "plugins" should replace the existing "plugins" folder, "scripts" should replace the existing "scripts folder".
- Once all of the above is done, Corona Renderer should appear on the list of available renderers in 3ds Max