Informing us of any crashes is very important. With your help and the data you give us we can find the origin to the cause and implement a solution into the next dailybuild and future releases.
How to report issues?
Follow these guidelines when reporting any issues related to Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D:
- Always tell us which version of Corona Renderer and Cinema 4D you are using.
- Provide a simple, clear description of what is happening. Screen captures or recordings are also very handy.
- In case of reproducible bugs or other issues, provide a simple step-by-step instruction how to reproduce it.
- If possible, provide a scene, where the issue is happening. It can be simplified, to make the file lighter, and to make it easier for us to focus on the problematic area.
- In case of crashes or freezes, send a screenshot of the visible error message or warning.
- In case of crashes or freezes, provide us with a minidump file generated during the crash/freeze. Getting a minidump file is very easy. You can learn how to do it below:
Where are the '_BugReports.txt' files?
- For Windows users, crash reports can be found here:
- C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\MAXON\CINEMA C4D R****\_bugreports
- And for Mac users, crash reports can be found here:
- Users/UserName/Library/Preferences/MAXON/CINEMA 4D R****/–bugreports
Private Uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
Note: It is advised for Mac users to send us the entire contents of the bugreports folder as described above. You can zip the file and send it to us via our private uploader.
How to generate minidump files?
Download and run this tiny application to obtain the minidump file:
When the error message appears, or during the freeze, run the Process Explorer, find "CINEMA 4D.exe" process, select it, and go to Process > Create Dump > Create Minidump... then save the file in a desired location and upload it to us.
Where to report issues?
The preferred contact channel is submitting a ticket in our support portal.
You can also describe your problem on our C4D forum - https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html
Please be sure to read this short guide prior posting your bug report on the forum - https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php/topic,15447.0.html